Saturday, June 23, 2012

Season Tickets?

Fins up!  Two weekends ago, our Smith family headed up to Atlanta to see Jimmy Buffett!

Since the very early days of our courtship, Ben and I listened to Jimmy Buffett.  Such the romantic, Ben wooed me with songs like "Son of a Son of Sailor" as he sliced a juicy mango for me to taste.  When he planned our honeymoon trip to the Florida Keys (with some help from Ron Woessner who traveled the Keys extensively), he played songs from Buffett's albums, including a number of nautical-themed songs from the album A-1-A

Throughout both of my pregnancies with Benjamin and Georgia-Lee, over the years when I am stressed, anytime that I long for a coastal get-away, and during many other occasions, I listen to Jimmy Buffett.  The ONLY reason I pay for the XM/Sirius radio in my vehicle is so I can tune into Margaritaville

During the summer of 1999, sister-in-law Melissa Smith landed four tickets to Buffett's concert in Atlanta.  Ben and I joined her and Ken for a fun and memorable outing.  Lakewood Amphitheater was HOT that July night (dry too!) as I was pregnant with Benjamin at the time. 


Buffett concert, July 1999

When Jimmy Buffett's Lounging at the Lagoon tour tickets went on sale back in April for the Atlanta show, I hastily logged into the computer as soon as the box office opened and somehow managed to get four tickets!  Ben and I knew we had to take the kids to experience Buffett live!

Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band did not disappoint - they were fabulous!  During our pre-show tailgate, Georgia-Lee commented that could not understand why so many people were there.  She previously found that only a couple of her friends knew Jimmy Buffett and his music.  Little did she know, there are millions of Parrotheads! 


As we left the show, the kids reflected on what a great time they had.  Benjamin declared "we should get season tickets!"

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! Thanks to my Dad's love of Jimmy Buffett, I know every song, too! I've never been to a show, but I think I'll add it to my bucket list. There's just something so mellow and beachy about his music and I love it!

    ReplyDelete